Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    I too was pretty pissed at wal-mart last night, I was the first in line to get a PS3 copy, and she tells me they don't have 'em when just 4 hours earlier a wal mart employee told me they had 47. Thankfully G2k was open. I sprinted from wal-mart and got in line and got one of 3 copies they had. My buddy got one and apparently UTVols2 got the last one.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    I'm not trying to bash the PS3 nor those of you who have PS3's, but I've heard that EA Sports titles this year are supposed to be running at 60 frames per second on the XBOX 360 while they run at half that speed (30 FPS) on the PS3 .. I'm not sure how much truth there is to this, but it's definitely stupid in my opinion because I don't understand why they have to make this speed cut going from one system to the other.

    I downloaded the NCAA 08 demo on the XBOX 360 and it was definitely running butter smooth (60 FPS) while NCAA 07 (which I actually own) clearly runs at 30 FPS because it's nowhere near as smooth .. so if any of you get the PS3 version, let me know if it's running at 60 FPS as well or if it's capped at 30 FPS like NCAA 07.

    I'm pretty sure this is for Madden, too, and every other EA Sports title though I'm not 100% sure.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    i got one at walmart today...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    for my ps3

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    TAFNAC
    I think you just like finding bad things to say about PS3

    Walmart had a box of the PS3 version not up yet. I was digging through the boxes (in front of the computer games) trying to see if the new Guitar Hero came in/out as well. According to G2K, its next week, although previously most things I had seen had the release date as today. Guess they moved it back.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: NCAA Football 08 for PS3.....

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lpd_blue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too was pretty pissed at wal-mart last night, I was the first in line to get a PS3 copy, and she tells me they don't have 'em when just 4 hours earlier a wal mart employee told me they had 47. Thankfully G2k was open. I sprinted from wal-mart and got in line and got one of 3 copies they had. My buddy got one and apparently UTVols2 got the last one. </div></div>

    at midnight you have to remember that those people there are there to do mostly stocking. they are very limited in the every day in and outs of stuff. I'd say the person that told you 4hrs earlier was probably right if they gave you an exact #. I'd bet it was on a display that hadn't made it to the floor yet.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •